Monday, July 6, 2009

Happy Independence Day!

I realize I'm a little late on this, but oh well. I tend to celebrate holidays when it's more convenient, anyway. Mostly I just wanted to say that I <3 this country, whether I'm in the military or not. I feel very lucky to live in a country where at least we know our votes get counted, whether the person we voted for wins or not; where we have the luxury to worry about things like carbon emissions; where if a political figure goes missing, it's not because he was kidnapped, tortured, and killed for dissention; and where his Argentine sex-capades and the death of a singer with only one glove are apparently the biggest things we have to worry about.

I also wanted to shamelessly steal my friend Amber's lovely video that she made for the occasion to celebrate and honor the people who fought to win us this independence, and the people to continue to fight for it. And this is her blog about working with Soldiers' Angels, where this video is also posted.

3 comments:

  1. Nice blog. You're a good story teller. Also, you're blog has been very informative and helpful in relieving some of the anxiety I have about MEPS. I'm off to it this weekend, Air Force as well. (Air Power!) Keep up the blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my first visit to your blog and I do look forward to following this adventure with you!
    God Bless!
    ~AM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Soldier,
    I am the Managing Editor of University Link Magazine, an edgy, fun, socially conscious 100-page campus glossy (with an 18-24 year old demographic). We launched on a subscription basis in April 2009 with Jimmy Fallon on our cover, May featured Kendra Wilkinson and Jack Black topped our June issue.
    We have a section for our October issue featuring interesting bloggers writing from the war fronts, and have selected your blog as one of special interest. We are now looking to add photographs to this section.
    If you are interested in seeing some of your photographs published in our magazine, please contact me at: taylor@ulmagazine.com.
    Thank you for reading this email and for possibly sending us photographs. Most of all, thank you for your service.

    ReplyDelete