Sunday, May 24, 2009

Uniforms

I've had some people ask me what the Air Force uniforms look like, so I found a few pictures.

This is what the dress uniforms looks like, though I'm not sure who wears what uniform. But I do know I won't necessarily have to wear a skirt. There is also a dress uniform with pants for women. Though I'm also not sure when I'm supposed to wear a skirt versus pants. I'm sure there are rules about that. Though I think they look pretty snazzy.


And here is the normal camo work uniform. No skirt with this one. Just pants and large combat boots.










Here's a pdf of all the official uniforms for different ranks and events. They don't show all the women's uniforms, and it's from 2006, so I don't know if it's still completely accurate, but it gives a pretty good idea of what I'll be wearing.

I do need to figure out what to do with my hair. In the Air Force, they don't make you cut your hair, but it can't touch your collar. If I keep it long, it has to be up in a bun like the girl in the battle uniform on the right. But while I really like my long(er) hair, it would also be way easier to cut it short, especially in basic when I'll have about three minutes to shower. No blow-drying and straightening in basic. So we'll see about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment